Started by Baron Schroder in the late 19th century, hill paths meander through 20 acres of conifers and rhododendrons.
Totally transformed after the 1980 storms by owner Nicky Macpherson, it is an artist’s garden designed to frame the magnificent views of Skye and the surrounding hills. Waterfalls, Monet bridges, meconopsis, bamboo and candelabra primula are reflected in dark pools. Sculpture lurks in unexpected places.
- Spectacular West Coast gardens offer views of the sea and Skye.
- Ancient paths wind through 20 acres of rhododendrons and rare trees, over bridges and through impressive water gardens with beautiful & exotic planting.
- Giant gunnera, Himalayan primula and mecanposis amongst huge variety of different plants
- Kitchen garden with nursery selling variety of plants
- Restored sunken garden and herb garden
- Japanese garden
- Fern collection housed in geodesic dome - ferns available for sale
- Conservatory imaginatively planted with ferns
- Major sculpture collection scattered throughout the garden.
Open April until end of October 10 til 5.30
See www.attadalegardens.com for full information